Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blech

I am not certain of what, exactly, this post is going to be about. It may lead nowhere. I have insomnia, I've been up since 2:00 a.m. and the alarm will be going off in 25 minutes. That sucks ass. It especially sucks because I have a very important meeting at work this morning at 11 that I am not 100% prepared for ... I was planning on doing some major prep this morning when I get into work ... but now, I'm not going to be on my "A" game. Hopefully I can at least be on my "B" game!

It's December. I live in fucking Colorado, but I've yet to see a snow that's more than a dusting. It's especially bizarre because I live in the mountains. The super-duper high mountains have seen snow, or so I've heard ... but the shorter ones have not. This makes me cranky. If I have to endure never being home in the daylight hours because it's winter, then please at least let me see some snow. Of all the things to bitch about ... insomnia justifies everything!

I lost my cell phone over Thanksgiving weekend. I am ashamed to admit that I am one of those dumb asses who has stored all my phone numbers in there, and I don't have a hard copy anywhere. So, there are some people who I may never speak to again, because I don't have their numbers. Of course, I suppose they could call me ... but I know a couple just have my cell phone programmed in their work issued cells, and with the economy in the toilet, well if their jobs are lost ... there goes our contact. Whatever.

I think I boggled the shit out of my boss yesterday. He came into my office and sat down. He then blathered on about how the economy is in the toilet, and aren't I happy I have this job? I looked him straight in the eye and said, "A well paying job is a luxury, not a necessity. If I didn't have this job, I'd still be okay." The look on his face was complete confusion. It was obvious that he totally did not grasp the concept. I feel sorry for him. It was a true statement I made. It's kind of empowering to realize that. Ugh, there's that word ... "empowering"!

I hate that word because it's so overused these days. Especially by those who choose to play the constant victim in day to day life. I've known a few in my days ... victims, that is. The ones that especially irritate me are the ones who use the fact that something bad happened 30 years ago, so now they HAVE to be dysfunctional. When a certain amount of time passes after an experience, it becomes a CHOICE to be a victim. If kids teased you in elementary school for some thing that kids tease about ... when 30 plus years pass ... get the fuck over it!! Seriously.

Ooh, I hear the coffee maker. It just kicked on. Soon I will be full of caffeine. So, I will end this rant about ... well, everything. I hope I survive the day with my sanity in tact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the day...I hope the meeting goes well. And, yeah...people do need to get over things that happened 30 years ago!

I have all my numbers on my cell phone, too, but luckily, I also have them all written down! And actually, some of the people I have in stored on my cell phone, if I never talked to them again that'd be ok. :-o

The CDM said...

That answer you gave your boss could be either the best or worst possible answer. I would have said the same thing, given the chance. This way you are letting him know that just because the economy is bad, doesn't mean he can be an ass to you thinking you won't quit and you'll just have to except it. Now he knows, he can't pull any shit.