Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sick Puppy

I know I've been scarce as of late, but who hasn't? Busy time of year for most, I'm certain. Right now things are pretty low key in the household because our smallest dog, Butchie, just had two tumors removed and he's recovering. He's at that age now ... hopefully when the biopsy results come back, we will find them both benign and just resolve ourselves to living with a lumpy old dog. Either way, the recovery ain't fun and games. He has a bazillion stitches on his chest where his left leg starts and only about a million on his left hind leg.

My s/o's mother came to visit Christmas week. Shoot me in the head, please!!! She brought her two dogs, who peed in the house about seven times!!! Her dogs also terrorized our cats for five glorious days. The woman would not discipline her dogs!!! So frustrating!!! I am not exaggerating when I describe her discipline ... for each offense, the dogs got spoken to in baby talk as follows: "No, no pee pees", and "No, no kee kee" ... ummm, what the hell?!?!!

She's gone now, but she's taken some of my sanity with her.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I know what its like to have sick pets. Having 10 cats and 2 dogs can be crazy. I know that your little dog will be fine. I just realized yesterday that one of my cats has a problem with a tooth. She wont let anyone touch her so I am not sure how to handle this one. There goes any extra cash that I may have had! I have a sister in law that used to bring her dog to my house. This dog is not trained at all. You could walk that dog for an hour and he will still go in the house. My dogs are looking at me like "hey he is doing it why cant we?"