Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Month to Whine About!

WOW!!! It's been a month since I've posted!!! Where the hell have I been??? Well, let's see ... I went camping again, but this time I focused on enjoying the great outdoors WITHOUT the alcohol. That was a success!! I hiked and roughed it and had an overall good time. That was only four day though ....

My significant other's father had a heart attack ... but he's okay!!! He wants to retire now, so he wants to hand over his bar and grill to us. So, we'll be relocating to OREGON next year. WOW!!! After reading all about Trophy Guy's stresses with owning his own business, I'm a little freaked out. I'm sure we'll survive though. ALSO, my new hobby can become hunting for Sasquatch on my days off. Wait, days off don't happen when you own your own business.

I'm looking for another job. I currently spend $300 a month on gas just commuting to work. It's just not worth it. Since we'll be owning a bar and grill, I'm toying with the idea of schlepping drinks for the next year. We'll see.

A close friend of mine is losing her home to foreclosure. Gotta love the economy!!

My significant other got bitten in the face (yes, the face) by the above friend's dog. The dog has since been put down ... we didn't pressure her to do that, and we didn't press charges. However, the dog had bitten four other people in the past ... seemed like a pattern. Animal Control is now up our asses trying to FORCE us to give them info about the dog. We are keeping our lips zipped and telling them the dog is dead now. Oi!

I'm sure more has happened, but it all eludes me now. I need to get caught up on everyone else's blogs.

Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! A lot has happened with you over the last month, huh? I'm glad your sig. other's father is ok, cool about the bar and grille...I've always thought it'd be neat to own one. Sorry about the dog and the bite and your friends housing problems...whew! Good luck with everything!

The CDM said...

For a minute there, I thought that neighbor of yours got that ass.

Oregon, ay? What part? If it's anywhere near The Dalles, you'll love it, seriously. That's not a bad idea you have about tossin' pints 'til you get up there. At least you'll know what you'll be getting into and what's expected.

Good strategy.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Whiner Girl!

At a bar, drunks can be fun. Lots more fun that the spoiled rich people here. Plus if they get obnoxious, you can toss them out too

:-D

Anonymous said...

Hey, AE, did you eve spend any time at Kelly O'Neils or The Top Spin? I spent waaaaay to much time at those 2 places back in the day, but I certainly had fun! At least, I THINK I had fun! :-o