Friday, August 1, 2008

A Mamby Pamby Society

I don't know how any of you feel about this subject, but let me just go off a bit about this society that caters to the weak. I am so sick of people who use false illnesses as excuses to get pity. By "false illnesses" I am specifically speaking about FMS ... better known as Fibromyalgia. I also feel this way about CFS ... Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ... and various other "illnesses" ... to me they don't exist. If you ask me, these problems are really just the body reacting to toxins it's getting pumped into it. Every person I've ever met who has one of these "illnesses" is morbidly obese. Not just a little plump, but way, way, way overweight. Obese to the point that I'm surprised their knees don't snap under all the weight. I don't want to go on and on, I just want to say ... these illnesses don't exist. You don't hear of people caving under them in history now do ya? NOPE ... people used to understand that things HAVE TO GET DONE OR YOU DIE!!! Okay, rant over.

3 comments:

The CDM said...

Restless Leg Syndrome. The body's way of saying, "GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND WALK!!!"

complain away said...

Don't get me started. One of my best friends married someone who has fibromyalgia.

From what I know of her life, she was miserable and depressed about her choices, and she started to feel achy, so she went to the doctor. The doctor diagnosed her and since then (5-6 years) she's barely emerged from her bedroom.

And hey, it's proven to be a great excuse for everything. I don't think she's ever going to work another day in her life, much less actually wash a dish in her house. And she takes a lot of morphine.

Oh, and here's the best part: she's suing the insurance company of her employer from like 6 years ago, because apparently it's their fault that she's given up on life. (Not to worry though, because they apparently have her on film, strolling through the mall in that way that only fakers who claim they can't get out of bed can.)

I must stop now.

Anonymous said...

yep, i agree...it's a made up illness for lazy people who are looking to scam the government by going on disability. People should be lkucky they can work at all. As we know, many people are physically or mentally disabled in a legitimate way, and would love to have the chance to get out of bed and work every day. These lazy slobs need to look at the big picture and get their lazy butts out of bed and be thankful they have two legs to walk with.