Monday, August 18, 2008

Time to Take a Breather

Wow! It seems as if things have not slowed down at all lately. Everything that needs to get done seems like an emergency and I can't rest until things get done. I've been busy looking for a new job, organizing and throwing a bachelor party for a friend in whose wedding I am to be the "best man", trying to go through and downsize everything I own so that the move to Oregon next year won't be too insane, and trying to not have a nervous break down during it all.

This past weekend was the bachelor party for my guy friend. We went camping Friday night, it rained and hailed and we drove through a blizzard to get back into town for the Saturday night festivities. We drank excessively on Friday night since we were trapped in the tent due to the weather, so we were hung over as hell on Saturday morning.

Saturday night was the big party night with the other groomsmen. We went out to dinner, then to a strip club (yup), then back to the hotel for a stripper that we had reserved to come by for an hour (insane!), then bowling, and finally ... sleep.

Most of it was bearable, but let me tell you ... men are insane. Strippers at strip clubs are preferable because there are set rules and guidelines that MUST be followed, or you get kicked out of the club. Strippers that come for private parties? Well, boundaries aren't really set and insane shit happens!! Thank the gods she didn't come with a burro!! Seriously folks!!! I-N-S-A-N-E!!! That's all I really have to say about that. When I got home on Sunday morning I was so exhausted that I slept for 13 hours. That was the best part.

As for the job hunt ... I'm not sure which direction I'm going with it. I've submitted my resume for all sorts of crap, and filled out applications for the bar scene. It's like I want to do the whole server thing to get back in the swing of things for when we have the bar in Oregon, but part of me begins to panic about things like money and insurance ... so I run off and submit my resume for other jobs. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I had a really good interview last Thursday, but I keep reminding myself that when I did that kind of work previously I hated it and left for my sanity. So, who really knows what'll happen there.

Hopefully now that the stress of throwing the party for my friend is over, I can get back to being irritated about normal things. We shall see. It feels good to be back though. Whew!

No comments: