Saturday, August 30, 2008

So Much Going On

Alas, I have been absent for quite a spell ... again. I think my life may be settling down again. Whew!! Yesterday my body slammed on the brakes for me by hitting me with a 102* temperature. That was my only symptom. That and the chills and aches that go along with a high fever. I slept all day, between lousy Lifetime Movie Network movies, and my fever broke last night. I survived!!!

Last Sunday was my friend's wedding. The one where I was the best man. It was boring, as weddings usually are (IMHO). I gave the toast and it went okay. I mean, people laughed when they were supposed to, and the glasses got clinked. Success!! Also there was the crazy guy who took both the bride and groom by the hand and told them to "get right with Jesus" to avoid the pits of hell. No shit.

I got a job on the weekends to earn some extra cash. So I'm waiting tables again. Ugh!! Not as easy on the old bod as it used to be in my 20's. I'm pulling in some nice cash that doesn't necessarily have to be budgeted. I love "free money" ... I can spend it and not even think about it. So now I can have my daily kombucha and not worry about the fact that they're $3 a pop. If you don't know what kombucha is, it's this fermented health drink/tea that tastes a bit like vinegar, but it's so good for you. And, well, I like the taste.

Also, I scored the job that I had applied for and got that grueling second interview. I start that job on Tuesday morning. I can hardly wait to be stressed out again!! But, hey, it's got a nice salary and benefits. Plus, we can't forget the company car! With the price of gas these days, it'll definitely help. So I now have two jobs, on for paying bills and planning for retirement ... one for mad money! Like I'll have time to spend money when I never have a day off!

I guess that's it, really. It just seemed like a whole lot more while it was going on. Hmmm ... oh well, such is perception. Oh, there was also my squeezing in watching most of the speeches on the DNC ... next week it the RNC. I will watch that one too, but it'll only piss me off, I'm sure. So, let's wait until that starts and I'll probably have a few rants.




5 comments:

The CDM said...

I've been watching segments of the RNC and I REALLY underestimated the creepiness of Mad Jack, the perv. I also found him to be sounding like a muppet, but that's just me.

complain away said...

OK, the best toast I've ever heard at a wedding was from a super hammered guy who got up to say he was glad that the groom finally got a wife "W-I-F-E, for Washing, Ironing, Fucking, Etc."

Dead silence.

I actually think your pits of hell comment beats that.

Anonymous said...

Whiner Girl...come out come out wherever you are......

The CDM said...

HELLO????

Anonymous said...

It's almost 2 months! WRITE SOMETHING WRITE SOMETHING!!!

:-)