Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Say What?

Okay, so I had a second interview today with the company that is very similar to the one I left a year ago due to my misery and stress level. Evidently I am a glutton for punishment, seeing as how I'm re pursuing that career path. The interview went very well, or so I believe. I mean, it lasted an hour and forty minutes. It was grueling as hell! I hated sitting there trying to sell myself to a company that, ultimately, will probably lead me to have excessive levels of stress ... again.

Anyway ... after my first interview, the woman gave me a web site to visit so that I could take a personality assessment test. She told me that, if I were to get a second interview, the questions would be based on my answers on the test. Okay, thank you, bye bye. I got a call yesterday requesting I go in for a second interview, which I did ... today.

The first question they asked me (based on my personality test, I presume) was, "do you consider yourself to be type A?" The second question (no kidding) was, "if someone were to move the stapler on your desk, would you notice?" What the hell type of questions are these?? My answers to the questions were "no" and "it depends" (with an explanation on what it depends). Either way, I still am wondering, "huh?"

I should know in about a week and a half if I got the job. In the meantime, I'm going to try to figure out what they wanted me to feel about my stapler. I hope I gave the right answer. Or do I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once had an interview and they asked me 'if you were an animal, what kind would you be?'.

The CDM said...

Since it is a high stress job, they're probably gauging on how much aggression you may/may not have. The way I see it, if I go into an interview and I can't be myself, I don't want the gig. Lots of times, I go into a place and get a feel for the place and try to picture myself already there and employed. If I don't like the feel, I'll throw the interview on purpose.