Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Love Is Not Duct Tape!

Over the past few days I've begun to notice a theme in a handful of blogs that I read on occasion. It seems that a lot of people are of the belief that if you face the world armed with love, all problems will be solved. So, in order to disprove this theory, I've decided to test this in a very scientific matter.

  1. Since I am an avid anti-George Bush type of person, I was wondering what would happen if I sent him a letter telling him I love him? Would he immediately resign because of my love?
  2. When the monthly bills roll in, rather than paying them, I'm going to call each company and profess my love. I'm sure this will ensure my utilities never get shut off.
  3. Next time I go grocery shopping, I will fill my cart and go straight to my car without paying. If someone stops me, I will hug him/her and say, "I Love You!"

If all the people are right about how love solves all problems, well then I should be okay in each of these scenarios and I will promptly put a thick coat of love on any problems I have. This could be the next rage. Right up there with duct tape. If, on the other hand, I still have to hand over monetary compensation for goods and services, well then I guess you fluffy-bunny, mamby pamby people better get up off your lazy arses and do something REAL for a change.

No comments: