Sunday, April 27, 2008

Just As Bad As Spam

I really hate stupid emails that are forwarded to me from friends. I'm tired of being warned about the latest and greatest way for burglars, rapists and scam artists to take advantage of me. For some reason it seems that everyone I know is incapable of checking the validity of these emails at snopes. I'm not saying that snopes in the highest authority on things such as these, rather that it is the simplest first step where, oftentimes, no further research need be involved.

Also I detest the stupid questionnaires that are sent under the guise of my friends wanting to know more about me by sending me "47 things about me" shit. What they really are doing is sending it so that you are forced to read all about them, I don't believe for one minute that they are going to read my responses. In the "me" centered world we live in, these questionnaires serve as no other purpose than for people to get you to read the wonderful (because they don't share the horrible) facts about themselves.

Okay, that's enough for now. I feel better.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, people send me crap all the time, I check it on snopes, find it's wrong, tell them and they act all insulted. What the hell?

The CDM said...

People now-a-days don't think before they hit the send button. If I smell the FW email, I delete it without a second thought.