Friday, January 18, 2008

So, Go Ahead and Hate Me for This

There is a certain blogger out there who has cancer. I am not sayin' this is a good thing ... All she does on her blog is write about it. That's okay too ... an outlet ... HOWEVER ... she claims she doesn't want to be treated like "that girl with cancer", and yet all she does is write how horrible she feels and (ahem) keeps asking the Internet folks to come visit her, drive her around, CLEAN HER HOUSE ... okay, shouldn't her family and REAL WORLD friends be doing this? Oh, wait, they DO!! She writes about that too ... how wonderful they are and how helpful they are.

After she posted several paragraphs on her bowel movements, I tried to stop reading. It's like a train wreck, I can't pull my eyes away ....

My unsolicited advice is this:
If you don't want to be treated as "that girl with cancer" then don't act like "that girl with cancer."

No comments: