Saturday, April 25, 2009

Firewood, Anyone?

Last weekend we got 36.8" of snow here. As a result, we now have a 60 foot plus tree laying down in our yard. Today I shall go out and begin cutting it up. It never broke at the base, it just leaned over and laid down. During the storm, I went out and knocked snow off it, hoping it would stand up again ... but it did not.

As long as the batteries are still good in the camera, I should be able to get some good shots of the tree to post. I'm not certain anyone wants to see the "progress" I make today, as I don't have a proper saw ... thank goodness the trunk isn't too awful thick. We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh geeez, that's way too much snow for this time of year! Good luck getting that tree cut up. I'd love some firewood, can you email it to me? ;-)