Friday, February 8, 2008

You Call That a Reason?

So, I was at a grocery store the other day and the cashier had enough balls about her to discuss politics with the lady in front of me. Personally, politics and religion are taboo subjects with my clients, but I suppose because it was Super Tuesday everyone was being all patriotic ... but whatever. Either way, the customer stated that she would've been a Hillary supporter ... agreed with her on most issues ... but she couldn't vote for her because she didn't leave Bill. WHAT??? That's not a good reason not to vote for someone! If she disagreed with her on issues, well that's a valid reason ... but to not vote for someone based on a personal choice she made about her own "private" life, well ... once again it's been proven to me that Americans tend to not put any real thought into much of anything these days.

2 comments:

The CDM said...

"politics and religion are taboo subjects"

Let alone belong in the same sentence, scary. Here in Mo., it kinda goes hand in hand and that annoys me to no end. I also am perplexed at chuches being used as a place to vote????

California Girl said...

Here in NV there is no shortage of people oh so willing to express their politics. And god forbid you be on the other side of their political party. Its a huge discussion around the counter in the coffee shop. Every darn day!