Thursday, February 7, 2008

Silent but Still Grumpy

I know I haven't posted in a week or so. Don't worry, it's not for lack of things to bitch about! My life has been crazy with stupidness. I'll give you a very brief run down, and later on, when I've rested on this, my day off, I may find it in me to complain some more.

1) I went up for, and got, a promotion at work. So did every other person going for the same position. Seven of us!! Huh? Were they afraid to hurt someone's feelings? Is that why EVERYONE who applied for the position got it? It should be fun to see how they figure out the scheduling on that one.


2) "That girl with cancer" did it again. Posted an open reqest for someone to head on over to her casa to help her clean. Let me reiterate ... if you don't want to be treated like "TGWC" then stop acting like it!

3) My mother. Let me leave it at that. Just rest assured that it's entertaining and involves alien abduction!

4) It's my day off, yet I must drag my arse to work for a 6a.m. meeting. This is the fourth or fifth week in a row where I have to go in on my day off. Boring, I know ... but this does take up a lot of my whining time at home!

5) John McCain may be the Republican candidate. Scary, man. Trust me though, I won't get into the presidential race stuff this early in the game. I'll revisit it in more detail in September or so.

6) Stuff I've forgotten to put on this list.

2 comments:

California Girl said...

oj- just got wind of your post on TGWC. Where is her site so I can read this stuff she has to say? You're right - if she doesn't want to be thought of that way then she needs to change her ways. I've seen and been through too much with people who had cancer and none of them ever wanted to be known that way. Way to go for calling her on it.

California Girl said...

ok - and I can't spell well tonight - sorry!