Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Challenge You All

I believe that altruism is really close to being dead. It seems these days as if more and more folk do good deeds so that the rest of the world will see it and be so impressed by these actions. So, my challenge to you all is ... go do something really frickin' awesome to better the world (volunteer somewhere, give a meal to a homeless person, give back the money if a cashier makes an error in your favor, pick up litter somewhere ... anything) ... then don't tell a single other person about it. Keep it to yourself. Trust me, it feels better than the "atta boy" you get from your friends ... if it doesn't, then I've proven my point about altruism dying out.

2 comments:

The CDM said...

I already started, seen my latest post? I didn't even know you were going to post this. I whole heartedly agree, keep it real everyone. My other good deeds I keep to myself, I enjoy the annonymity. Trust me ,I'm good for it.

Jason said...

Well said.