Sunday, June 15, 2008

That Didn't Take Long ... or Did It?

Well, it's been three glorious days of my not whining. Entirely too long, or so the Universe has thought. So, with no further ado ... on with the whining!

I swear to the fucking gods, today I had a conversation with a friend who believes that AIDS can only be spread by BLOOD to BLOOD contact. I told her semen contains the virus ... she promptly told me that it could only be spread by semen if the other person HAD A CUT THAT IT IS EMITTED TO. Ummm ... where the fuck has she been? She also made sure to mention that she had a friend who died of AIDS ... a woman ... and to that I replied, "I've had 6 close friends who have died of it. She promptly interjected ... "You don't have to be gay or lesbian to get it" ... NO SHIT SWEET HEART!!!!

When I argued the point about semen carrying HIV, she made sure to tell me that when she "was in medical school" they went over all of that. Ummmm ... she didn't go to fucking medical school ... she's and herbalist ... and apparently a stupid one!!! FERCHRISTSAKELADY ... this AIDS thing and all the facts about it is all old news!!!!

I can put up with a ton of shit from friends ... really, I can. I've put up with liars (yup, as long as I can predict the lies pathological liars don't scare me, they are interesting as hell and one day I may write a book about the few true ones I have known), pedantics ( hey, we all know everything about something, right?), egoists (yes, dear, the world revolves around you), alcoholics, addicts, narcissists ... the ones I can't stand, however, are the ones with the "ohmygodiamavictim" syndromes ... that and the assholes ... oh, did I mention the IDIOTS!?!?!?! I believe this person entered into that category by way of the HIV/AIDS discussion tunnel. I may very well cut her out of my life because of this. Honestly.


3 comments:

The CDM said...

Here's what I do when I come across situations like this, "State your source." Or in my case, when my republican friends/aquiantances say that McCain is the better candidate because of___________. Same thing here, "State your source." If they can't, then I tell them their point is moot and pure conjecture. It keeps me from going insane and arguing points that are pointless to begin with.

Anonymous said...

Try sendahole.com. and feel better.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. People are idiots. :-/