Thursday, June 12, 2008

Too Invigorated to Whine

I haven't posted in a few days because, in spite of the fact that I am surrounded by idiots and the state of the world as a whole pretty much sucks, I've been in a good mood! Over all, my own little world is pretty excellent right now and I just can't complain. Well, I guess I can, but it would be forced and, well, I'm pretty much committed to sincere whining only.

Just as the Manager has bird nests in his gutters, I have a robin's nest right outside my bathroom window. I can watch the daily progress of the baby while brushing my teeth. I've become so obsessed with this little guy that I'm sure to be driven to tears when he flies away ... or gets eaten trying to learn to fly. Either way, I'll be sad.

I got an awesome photo of an elk with her newly born baby! The backside of the mother is still stained red from the recent birth and the baby is sooo small! It's on my cell phone, however, and I've not enough knowledge to get it onto my computer and then onto this here blog. I'm working on it!! I'll post it as soon as I figure it out.

I must have a humming bird nest in my yard too, because I hear them flying around in the very early a.m. and in the evenings. I have no feeders for them, so I'm guessing the reason I see them at those times of day is because they're commuting to and from work ... or food and such. I could be wrong, but that's okay.

My yard is a gnarly mess that needs some weed whacking, but I guess that's the luxury of living in the woods ... weeds are okay. I just need to shorten them enough so that the smaller of the two dogs doesn't get lost. He needs a nice bare spot to do his business where the predators that abound won't snatch him up!

Anyway, I'll be back when I'm not so high on life!

1 comment:

The CDM said...

Nice to see someone is having better luck.

You suck.